Wednesday 10 December 2014

Diary: August, 2014

Iceland had been indescribably amazing but still I was exhausted. After arriving in London and spending only three days at home, I flew out to Ontario, Canada to our family cottage. It's a kind of heaven in itself. It's in a place called the Thousand Islands, situated on the St Lawrence river which acts as a natural border between Canada and America. Its summer climate is hot but not overwhelming so. I spent roughly the month of August there this year. I managed to reunite with my old friends including those at sailing school, and spend one particularly lazy and extremely fun afternoon going between islands with them. 

We did had plans as a family to drive to New York City and visit family but unfortunately this fell through but in all honesty I'm not in a position to complain - especially seeing as this year I was joined by two of my most favourite people in the world towards the end of my stay; two of my oldest buddies. We basically swam, sun bathed, explored and made a tradition of over indulging in cookies and milk (there's also a rap to go with that actually).

During possibly the wettest most rainy weekend recorded (I literally could have just stayed in London) we all drove East to Quebec - a french-speaking province in Canada - to stay at our friend's island cottage in the middle of a lake. The sun showed itself eventually but we did sneak in some cheeky rain swims as well as cliff jumping when the weather cleared (v scary believe me).

Here are some of the (slightly late) 35mm pics of lovely places I visited and lovely people I spent time with!:














































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Quesions? I'd love to know your thoughts: